Thursday, 24 July 2008

Scalaris Released

If you were at the Erlang Exchange in London last month, you should know that one of the hottest talks was given by Alexander Reinefeld, "Building a transactional distributed data store with Erlang"

Joe Armstrong seems to like it too:

"I might be wrong, but my gut feeling is that what Alexander Reinefeld showed us will be the first killer application in Erlang."

"So my take on this is that this is one of the sexiest applications I've seen in many a year. I've been waiting for this to happen for a long while. The work is backed by quadzillion Ph.D's and is really good believe me."

- http://armstrongonsoftware.blogspot.com/2008/06/itching-my-programming-nerve.html

Well, seems like Scalaris has been released! The link went up on the website in the last 24-48 hours. I haven't had the time to look at it yet, but you can grab it here.

1 comment:

SimoneC said...

Many thanks Ben, the Joe post it's very interesting and the release of Scalaris open source it's a great news...